HEAL THE WORLD - A SPECIAL JOURNEY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEAL THE WORLD - A SPECIAL JOURNEY

WALKING DOWN THE ROUTE OF HISTORY TO TAKE US BACK 'HOME'.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT
STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:47 am by starfish

» A PICTURE YOU NEED TO SEE. BE PREPARED ITS IN THE PYRAMID
STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:35 am by starfish

» 'OLD MOTHER SHIPTON' PROPHECIES
STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:33 am by micki1

» COMPLETE TEXTS PROPHECIES OF NOSTRADAMAS
STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:23 am by EMPATHY

» BIBLE HISTORY -
STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:17 am by EMPATHY

» LEGEND OF THE 13 CRYSTAL SKULLS
STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:35 am by EMPATHY

» IT STARTS WITH 'THEM'
STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:04 am by lovemj2

» MAYAN PROPHECY 2010 YOUTUBE
STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:58 pm by lovemj2

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EMPATHY
Admin

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT Empty
PostSubject: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 am

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT Stonehenge_med-766928

I really need to talk about Stonehenge being as its part of the 'Journey' that takes us back to the 'root'.

To connect with this post about Stonehenge, you do need to read this thread first.

Its in the General Chat section called 'The POST that triggered the making of this forum'.

https://healtheworldjourney.forumotion.com/general-chat-f2/the-post-that-triggered-the-making-of-this-forum-t2.htm

now while this is long and drawn out, it should still 'speak' to you and make you want to dig deep.

Sometimes the 'strangest' thoughts come to me and its quite possible Im about to embark on that right now but I want you to see something that I saw and that seemed to come into my mind last night.

First look at the picture of Stonehenge. If you have read the link above you will know that Druidry was the 'religion' if you want to call it that in Ancient Britain before Christianity was spread in the country . That happened when Pope Gregory sent St. Augustine to bring Christianity 'over' from Rome. Obviously the original Pagan thoughts may have changed as a modernist approach came in, how that might have changed I am not sure as research will need to be done to understand why Christianity was later accepted by the Druid 'kings' and how they felt it combined with what their own practices were so....thats all part of the journey too.

Meanwhile, a recap - Britain was a place that 'gave thanks' to nature spirits, gods if you want to call it so. Trees being very important and 'earth respect' as well as 'animal respect' and most fascinating of all 'cosmology'. I personally link it all to the middle East and of course have spoken about the Mayans who did 'disappear'. See that link for more thoughts on that.

My own mind travels at a wicked speed not that all my assumptions are correct, but it is a JOURNEY because it allows others to open their minds and put forward their thoughts too and thus allows us to 'debate' the very root of things. ONLY when we get to the root do we truly understand what we are made up of internally within thought and deed because we all have an original ROOT.

Ok, so that said, looking at Stonehenge and understanding Druidry through the link I posted above and reading all of that and about Ireland, we now have to connect something else......LANGUAGE.

Language has changed considerably over the years. Each country can have more than one dialect.

But I want to think about Druids and the connection to Ireland. I wondered what the 'language' would be. I thought about it all and having looked once more at the picture of stonehenge I put a search in google to find out more about ancient languages particularly IRISH as Ireland seems to be a pivotal place connected to the Druids ie. The Hill of Torah and the fact that the 'council' had its 'seat' there. All links about that are in the 'explanation' link above.

It occurred to me that OGHAM alphabet connects to Ireland.

Now when I looked to find the alphabet online I saw this.

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT Ogham

Look again at Stonhenge then look at the first group of symbols.

Interesting?

So I began to look at as many pictures of Stonehenge as I could so that I could see how many stones were upright, how many stones are actually on the ground. I wanted to see where the stones lay on the ground and whether they were anywhere near the uprights because of course to my mind, they could simply have fallen down.

Now history tells us that the stones have been pinched, or pilfered 'away' from the site. I cannot say anything different right now , maybe they were or maybe they - were not?

But, the general concensus is that Stonehenge WAS a complete circle with stones on top of the uprights all around the circle.

Nobody can prove that though can they?

So, lets just look at what is there and lets take a look at a very odd theory of mine.

If you look at the alphabet picture...then look at Stonehenge remember you are looking at REMAINS of Stonehenge and not the original formation. We dont know what that was...only that people say it was a circle.

If you look at the alphabet and then stonehenge there is a definate four posts with slabs on the top.

see below...

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT StonehengeDM3004_468x299

Now just suppose we look at that as a LETTER - then this four post with slabs on top in ogham alphabet is actually the letter ' S' and you will see its the fourth letter along on the diagram above and that it stands for Sail/willow.

If the stone at the end on the right hand side was also part of the group but a top slab fell OFF the Alphabet would have a five upright with a bar on top and that would then become an ' N' letter

Then if we look at stonehenge again we see there are posts there that form two posts with a slab on top. Now there are about six sets of these that I could see but I might have that counted wrong because I need to look at more photos to see the complete formation of stones .

However, we know there are sets there with two posts and stone on top. Now if we look at OGHAM alphabet...this could form the letter ' I ' and its the second diagram along in the alphabet which means - Luis Blaze/herb.

Now there are stones there which stand alone and those that stand alone we could link to the alphabet as UATH fear which is a 'H' in the alphabet.

Together already this could spell 'HIS' - or - IF there were five uprights as mentioned above with slabs on top, it could form the word 'SIN' if you take into account of matching stones with Alphabet.

Stones that stand without any stones on top whether grouped together or single I would link to the right hand side of the alphabet on that chart printed above....

Stones with slabs on top I would link to the left hand side of that alphabet...

Now there are stones that have two uprights with a slab across the top but in one picture I saw there is a stone slab on the ground next to it that easily could fit as a slab on the top that would then make a three post sign.

So looking at that on the left hand side of the alphabet it would form an 'F' which is Fern Alder.

What I was completely surprised by is that it could be possible to put together these stones bit by bit to see if they actually form a MESSAGE. It would mean looking very carefully at the stones on the floor and those that are upright. It would mean not just looking at OGHAM Alphabet but even considering linking also to Ancient Irish sounds.
It would need researching completely to be able to visualise those stones and how they could form the alphabet and the order in which those stones are placed would be important to see how the alphabet showed itself and whether in fact a message could be formed from that.

I also think of the Tetragramm when I look at the stones

http://www.revelations.org.za/NotesS-Name.htm

This explains about it and how it does,nt seem to have been included in the bible, but it is thought to be the 'name of god'.

Funnily enough, we still have to remember that the Bible is linked to christianity and this was not the alleged root of religious belief in ancient Britain.

The Tetragramm is the first image on the picture below and you can see it looks very much like the stones at stonehenge with the way it is written. Upright strokes and bar strokes across the top.

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT Tetragram

Obviously, there is a lot to think about here and I will be writing more about my thoughts but also welcome yours too as it feels as though there should be some connection here?....

OGHAM is related to 'RUNES' Runes are 'fortune telling with stones' It is a little bit natural to consider 'stonehenge' and Runes and all the connections is,nt it? Druids were very much into 'cosmology' 'signs' etc.

So I will wish to come back here very soon and write more on this subject after I have had another little research in order to place my thoughts in order. Definately important is the layout of the STONES at stonhenge and how they are grouped because I would be very interested to see this and match them to the alphabet in order of appearance.

Good clear photos are necessary.

Please be careful clicking on stonehenge photos as I picked up a virus on my computer from one of them which I then had to 'clear' - so always be careful.

Anyway will come back this soon.
Back to top Go down
https://healtheworldjourney.forumotion.com
lovemj2

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:22 am

affraid
Very interesting Empathy. I will look around later, going to take peanut to the pumpkin farm today:) Something very worth looking at though.
Back to top Go down
butterfly

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 am

I think the below link is very interesting about leylines and mentions Stonehenge, Ireland, and even "Michael"!!!

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/ley-lines/

study
Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Will read that soon as I can Butterfly thanks for posting.

Lovemj2, peanut to pumpkin farm???? albino Ok this is a pet right???? Smile
Back to top Go down
lovemj2

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:50 pm

EMPATHY wrote:
Will read that soon as I can Butterfly thanks for posting.

Lovemj2, peanut to pumpkin farm???? albino Ok this is a pet right???? Smile

LOL, no my grand daughter, we call her peanut. I miss her so much , they moved out , I miss seeing her smiley face every morning. Crying or Very sad
Okay so now going to check out this stuff, I feel it's important.
Back to top Go down
lovemj2

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Hmmm

Back to top Go down
lovemj2

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Whoa

Back to top Go down
lovemj2

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Here is the complete list

https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7451FAA21CF24AEA

Also check this out, you will need some time to read this all

http://www.whale.to/b/ley_h.html
Haha, Empathy has me on another journey!
Back to top Go down
lovemj2

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:37 pm

I love this type of music! Did I ever mention I loved the game Zelda:) All of them, beat everyone of them too, lol.
Back to top Go down
lovemj2

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 pm

OMG the last video.. whew!

This could go on all night! Anyway, much in the last video reminds me of INDIGOS!
Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:24 am

Im rather unsure about what to think of this. I asked ICHING what the purpose of Stonehenge was and I have taken a reply from an experienced ICHING reader to explain this Hexagram 10.

Basically - Im treading on the tail of a tiger.... What a Face that rather indicates that theres something about this question that is tricky? but dangerous? To continue perhaps with investigation but at the current time Im being told the purpose is still unknown so Iching cannot tell me. I will ask tarot instead.

10 unchanging has been a warning that there's some element of danger involved, and that caution is required. In terms of your question, I think it says go for it, yet go slow, one step at a time, and recognize that you're not the one with the power in this case. Maybe gather what information you can before you start, as there's often an element of the unknown involved. I've had both successful and unsuccessful outcomes with Treading, for whatever it's worth
Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:26 am

Another interpretation of the Hex 10 to my question - is here.

and this seems to signify to me that perhaps we are not altogether on the wrong track? AND not to have fear in this question or to look for answers. Very interesting.

exagram #10 – The Razor

10 – The Razor – Treading – Water open to the Sky

We walk through the valley of darkness, yet we will fear no evil. He treads upon the tail of the tiger, but he is not bitten. Balancing upon the razors edge, we move forward slowly and with confidence. Providing that we do not look back or doubt our actions, we will success in that which we undertake. Fear is the mindkiller. Do not fear.
Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:29 am

HEXAGRAM 10. I found this interpretation very hair raising.

...One step, one step. As we walk, we are the way....Each choice makes the next one easier. With each deception, each moment of courage, we define who we are, for good or for ill. Are we not ourselves the way, the truth, and the life?
Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:40 am

lovemj2 wrote:
Whoa

Well this is interesting.

First my tarot which was written in December 2009 mentions about having to put the capstone back ON not leave it off.

http://empathysinsights.blogspot.com/2010/01/tarot-discusses-ufo-phonomena.html

Then we have your youtube which suggests this is NOT good.

Then we have this biblical page here which seems to suggest that the capstone represents christ conciousness and when it is removed it is the rejection of christ.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/great.htm

Now thats all a lot to consider is,nt it????

scratch
Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 am

I looked at ICHING to ask the purpose of Stonehenge and I received HEXAGRAM 10.

I decided to ask tarot the same question. Now I am telling you all I did not make this up, this is the card that tarot has given to us and I will explore this.

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT R20

The first thing that comes to mind is obvious that Stonehenge tracks the path of the sun. That is why I thought you would believe I just picked this card at random. Well I did,nt and it is definately what tarot has given.

But the sun card is VERY interesting.

Now you would think its just the sun and that is all but its not.

The sun card is about possible travel to hot countries.

So does Stonehenge link to a hot country? And you know right away Im going to say I wonder if this links to Egypt which has been part of my thinking in my early reakonings and the first post I wrote as an explanation here on the forum as to why we need to take the 'journey'.

The sun is a card of hot countries, it is a card that can be linked to travel to them and it is a card of wellbeing and bliss and contentment. It is also a card of the Family and this card if you asked a question and it appeared in your spread is the YES 'without question' card.

So what we are looking at is a very positive card for the answer to my question.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

The sun card is at number 19 in the Major Arcana. The card that sits BEFORE the sun card is the MOON card!!! that is card 18 and AFTER the sun card we get .................

JUDGEMENT at number 21.

We have thought of Stonehenge as a place of Sun and Moon Worship. The tarot card answer can easily reflect that, but then we have JUDGEMENT.

Judgement is a reincarnation card - and brings lost souls back to life. It returns to those what has been lost.
It is a card of hospitals because it has a red cross on the Angel, or health matters. It is therefore a HEALING CARD.

I myself am a little astounded by this next description taken from very old tarot inscription.

Card XIX.”The Sun”.

The Symbol and manifestation of the tetragrammaton. Creative power. Fire of life.

The Tetragrammaton is thought to be the name of GOD which later translated to YHWH. When I was talking about Stonehenge and the 'druids' I was seeing a possible connection between the language ancient to England which you can read a few posts back.

But I also mentioned about The Tetragrammaton because I felt that in old symbols it showed as upright 'pillars' with other markings that act as a bar across. Here are examples once more.

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT 220px-Tetragrammaton-related-Masoretic-vowel-points

I accept that most say that Stonehenge was a circle of 33 stones and we know that Christ was thought to have been crucified at the age of 33.

However, it has been noted that the stones have been pinched, removed, altered etc over the years so nobody can truly prove that there was an actual stone circle it is simply what is believed.

What my proposition is, is whether or not the stones were actually positioned to give a MESSAGE.

There is an example in previous posts here on this thread to show how perhaps a message could be obtained if the stones were placed to represent an old language of the Druids which could be old welsh.

So I go back to my sun card knowing that it is a symbol of the Tetragrammatton.

This card is described as somewhere that there is a wall the sign of the card is GEMINI (the twins) sun and moon????
and the Month attributed is FEBRUARY.

On this card a sharp weapon can also be applied such as an axe. Right now one might think of sacrificial situations, however I would wish to think further on that as the card is thought to be happiness and not only that but it has a huge connection to highly creative energy.

More importantly the sun card stands for ONE YEAR and we have astronomical connections to stonehenge as it is the YEAR calender of the soltices

I note February is linked to this.

start of spring February 7th February 7th February 2nd - Imbolc Candlemass

From Wikis link

we understand that ....

Candlemas was in fact this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlemas

The Feast of the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple, which falls on 2 February, celebrates an early episode in the life of Jesus. In the Eastern Orthodox Church, it is one of the twelve Great Feasts, and is sometimes called Hypapante (lit., 'Meeting' in Greek). Other traditional names include Candlemas, the Feast of the Purification of the Virgin, La Fête de la Chandeleur, and the Meeting of the Lord. In many Western liturgical churches, Vespers (or Compline) on the Feast of the Presentation marks the end of the Epiphany season. In the Church of England, the Presentation of Christ in the Temple is a Principal Feast celebrated either on 2 February or on the Sunday between 28 January and 3 February.

But I think that it is this relationship with Pagans that needs to be read in the wiki link as we have spoken about pre christianity with the Druids and must consider stonehenge was built and in place before St Augustine brought over to Britain Christianity from Pope Gregory.

.Modern Pagans believe that Candlemas is a Christianization[4][5][6] of the Gaelic festival of Imbolc, which was celebrated in pre-Christian Europe (and especially the Celtic Nations) at about the same time of year.[7][8] Imbolc is called "St. Brigid's Day" or "Brigid" in Ireland.[9] Both Brigids are associated with sacred flames, holy wells and springs, healing and smithcraft. Brigid is a virgin, yet also the patron of midwives. However, a connection with Roman (rather than Celtic or Germanic) polytheism is more plausible, since the feast was celebrated before any serious attempt to expand Christianity into non-Roman countries.

In Irish homes, there were many rituals centered around welcoming Brigid into the home. Some of Brigid's rituals and legends later became attached to the Christian Saint Brigid, who was the Abbess of Kildare and seen by Celtic Christians as the midwife of Christ and "Mary of the Gael". In Ireland and Scotland she is the "foster mother of Jesus." The exact date of the Imbolc festival may have varied from place to place based on local tradition and regional climate. Imbolc is celebrated by modern Pagans[citation needed] on the eve of 2 February, at the astronomical midpoint, or on the full moon closest to the first spring thaw.

Some[who?] have argued that the Roman church introduced Candlemas celebrations in opposition to the Roman Pagan feast of Lupercalia.[citation needed] The Catholic Encyclopædia is definite in its rejection of this argument: "The feast was certainly not introduced by Pope Gelasius to suppress the excesses of the Lupercalia," (referencing J.P. Migne, Missale Gothicum, 691). The 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica agrees: the association with Gelasius "has led some to suppose that it was ordained by Pope Gelasius I in 492 as a counter-attraction to the pagan Lupercalia; but for this there is no warrant." Since the two festivals are both concerned with the ritual purification of women, not all historians are convinced that the connection is purely coincidental. Gelasius' certainly did write a treatise against Lupercalia, and this still exists; see Lupercalia.

Pope Innocent XII believed Candlemas was created as an alternative to Roman Paganism, as stated in a sermon on the subject:

Why do we in this feast carry candles? Because the Gentiles dedicated the month of February to the infernal gods, and as at the beginning of it Pluto stole Proserpine, and her mother Ceres sought her in the night with lighted candles, so they, at the beginning of the month, walked about the city with lighted candles. Because the holy fathers could not extirpate the custom, they ordained that Christians should carry about candles in honor of the Blessed Virgin; and thus what was done before in the honor of Ceres is now done in honor of the Blessed Virgin.[10]

If you go back to the wiki link which has the above passage some of the words are links so that you can interpret properly other linked in sources of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlemas

Please note the JUDGEMENT card that comes AFTER the sun card which is about HEALING and then note above St Brigids day which as you can see above is renowned for healing and health matters - makes perfect sense of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbolc

Imbolc, which is alternatively termed Imbolg or Oimelc, is a festival marking the beginning of spring which was celebrated in Ireland during the Iron Age. A Celtic pagan festival, its original purpose and associated practices are unknown, although it has been suggested that it was associated with the goddess Brigid, who was later Christianised as St. Brigid, and whose saint day was located at the same time as the earlier Imbolc, around 1 or 2 February. Following Ireland’s conversion to Christianity in the 5th century, Imbolc survived in folk memory into at least the Mediaeval, when it was featured in various mythological tales, such as the Tochmarc Emire of the Ulster Cycle, albeit with little understanding of its original purpose.[1] Imbolc was one of the four cross-quarter days referred to in Irish mythology, the others being Beltane, Lughnasadh and Samhain, all of which were originally Iron Age Irish, and possible pan-Celtic, festivals that were used to divide up the year.[2]

Imbolc coincided not only with the later St Brigid’s Day, but also with other religious festivals including the Christian festival of the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple. In Scotland the festival is also known as Là Fhèill Brìghde, in Ireland as Lá Fhéile Bríde, and in Wales there is a similar festival, Gŵyl y Canhwyllau.[3]

In the 20th century, Imbolc was resurrected as a religious festival by three Neopagan faiths; Wicca, Neo-druidry and Celtic reconstructionism. In the first two of these religions, Imbolc is viewed as one of eight Sabbats celebrated annually, which are collectively termed the Wheel of the Year, and is partly celebrated because it falls halfway between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox in the northern hemisphere.[4][5] In Wicca, Imbolc is commonly associated with the goddess Brigid, and hence the Wiccan Goddess, and as such it is sometimes viewed as a "women’s festival" with specific rites only for female members of a coven.[6]

And if you read further on that wiki link it brings you back to THE HILL OF TARA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbolc

Now if you go back to the sun card you will see direct references to ST Brigids day. The child the strip of cloth ( red banner) ETC

so it seems to me that Stonehenge could certainly link into the traditions of St Brigids day.

St. Brigid's Day

In the modern Irish Calendar, Imbolc is variously known as the Feast of Saint Brigid (Secondary Patron of Ireland), Lá Fhéile Bríde, and Lá Feabhra — the first day of Spring. Christians may call the day "Candlemas". Long celebrated as "the feast of the Purification of the Virgin".[5]

One folk tradition that continues in both Christian and Pagan homes on St. Brigid's Day (or Imbolc) is that of the Brigid's Bed. The girls and young, unmarried women of the household or village create a corn dolly to represent Brigid, called the Brideog ("little Brigid" or "young Brigid"), adorning it with ribbons and baubles like shells or stones. They make a bed for the Brideog to lie in. On St. Brigid's Eve (January 31), the girls and young women gather together in one house to stay up all night with the Brideog, and are later visited by all the young men of the community who must ask permission to enter the home, and then treat them and the corn dolly with respect.[5][17]

Brigid is said to walk the earth on Imbolc eve. Before going to bed, each member of the household may leave a piece of clothing or strip of cloth outside for Brigid to bless. The head of the household will smother (or "smoor") the fire and rake the ashes smooth. In the morning, they look for some kind of mark on the ashes, a sign that Brigid has passed that way in the night or morning. The clothes or strips of cloth are brought inside, and believed to now have powers of healing and protection.[5][17]

On the following day, the girls carry the Brideog through the village or neighborhood, from house to house, where this representation of the Saint/Goddess is welcomed with great honor. Adult women — those who are married or who run a household — stay home to welcome the Brigid procession, perhaps with an offering of coins or a snack. Since Brigid represents the light half of the year, and the power that will bring people from the dark season of winter into spring, her presence is very important at this time of year.[5][17]

Strangely on a further link of Brigid we have this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigid

Stories and symbology that survive in the persona of Saint Brigid may be related. St. Brigid was associated with perpetual, sacred flames, such as the one maintained by 19 nuns at her sanctuary in Kildare, Ireland.

Should it not be noted that the SUN CARD is NUMBER 19.

I will continue to explore this tarot and will be back to write further on this to see if a conclusion can be reached or perhaps what conclusion can appear ultimately .

Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:09 pm

So looking at the significance of the Sun card and reading about Brigid, we need to further explore.

and we see this.

She is identified in Lebor Gabála Érenn as a daughter of the Dagda and a poet.

Therefore we must go to see who/what is the Dagda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagda

The Dagda was a High King of the Tuatha Dé Danann after his predecessor Nuada was injured in battle. The Tuatha Dé Danann are the race of supernatural beings who conquered the Fomorians, who inhabited Ireland previously, prior to the coming of the Milesians.

The Dagda is a father-figure (he is also known as Eochaid Ollathair, or "All-father") and a protector of the tribe. In some texts his father is Elatha, in others his mother is Ethlinn.

and the ALLFATHER is -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-father

Allfather or All-Father may refer to any supreme male god with progenitive characteristics. It may refer to:

* Odin, the supreme god in Norse mythology
* The Dagda, the supreme god in Celtic mythology

Of course it could be both because the Norse came to Britain in the very ancient times therefore ODIN and Dagda are both perfectable answers here.

But there is more to come I shall be back.

albino
Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:13 pm

So we read about the Dagda and the connection to Supernatural beings.

But he was the High King of the Tuatha Dé Danann who conquered the Fomorians, who inhabited Ireland previously, prior to the coming of the Milesians it seems then we should also look at the Fomorians who were previous to TUatha De Danann.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fomorians

and in brief In Irish mythology, the Fomoire (or Fomorians) are a semi-divine race said to have inhabited Ireland in ancient times. They may have once been believed to be the beings who preceded the gods, similar to the Greek Titans. It has been suggested[who?] that they represent the gods of chaos and wild nature, as opposed to the Tuatha Dé Danann who represent the gods of human civilization. Alternatively, they may represent the gods of a proposed pre-Goidelic population of Ireland.

But I recommend you read the rest of the information on that last link about Formarians.

I will be back to post further shortly.

Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:32 pm

The sun card was given as the answer to the question - What is the Purpose of Stonehenge. From this one card we can unravel history that takes us into Pagan Britain without question but also it appears the answer to our question may lie in the sacred texts tarot.

The naked child mounted on a white horse and displaying a red standard has been mentioned already as the better symbolism connected with this card. It is the destiny of the Supernatural East and the great and holy light which goes before the endless procession of humanity, coming out from the walled garden of the sensitive life and passing on the journey home. The card signifies, therefore, the transit from the manifest light of this world, represented by the glorious sun of earth, to the light of the world to come, which goes before aspiration and is typified by the heart of a child.

But the last allusion is again the key to a different form or aspect of the symbolism. The sun is that of consciousness in the spirit - the direct as the antithesis of the reflected light. The characteristic type of humanity has become a little child therein--a child in the sense of simplicity and innocence in the sense of wisdom. In that simplicity, he bears the seal of Nature and of Art; in that innocence, he signifies the restored world. When the self-knowing spirit has dawned in the consciousness above the natural mind, that mind in its renewal leads forth the animal nature in a state of perfect conformity.

However from the same link from Wiki, we learn that the Formorians were from Africa, but previous to them was the Partholons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partholon

These too are connected to the Middle East.

The sun with the moon on one side and Judgement on the other seems like a very powerful trio.

The moon is known as 'child of the sons of the mighty' - it is also a card depicting February as a primary timeslot just like the Sun card representing 'concealed intelligence' note also that 'cancer' which is thought of as the home card is connected here as is the 'sky at night' and suggests Threshold to new levels of consciousness and is also linked to The Astral World as it is seen by the artificial means of magic. “Psychic”, “spiritistic” world.

Judgement is the 'wake up call' before the last major arcana card THE WORLD and the end of the journey of the Major Arcana which talks about Global issues, cosmic conciousness and spiritual awakening.

It seems to me that Stonehenge has a direct link to the EAST - again something that has sat very strongly with me and forced me to want to examine these connections.

It is almost inevitable to me that 'biblical figures' were indeed on British Soil and that we should consider all this history even from the Sun card which has told us so much as well as its neighbours the Moon and judgement.

So is the purpose of Stonehenge to do with the destiny of the supernatural east? because this is the answer we have been given.

Intriguing to say the least.

Back to top Go down
starfish

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:39 am

It is interesting about these tarot card...I wanted to upload this picture a few days ago...stained glass, that reminded me of all this.
I looked here today and saw this tarot card...I would say we are on track.Like a Star @ heaven

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT Sunca
Back to top Go down
EMPATHY
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Well heres a turnup for the books, just spotted this, a TWIN site of Stonehenge has been found. If you read back you will note that GEMINI (TWINS) came up with the tarot, perhaps thats very important?

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT 15669237

One of eight photos on this link.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Stonehenge-New-Wooden-Henge-Found-Near-Stones-On-Salisbury-Plain-Wiltshire/Media-Gallery/201007415669248?lpos=UK_News_First_Picture_Gallery_Teaser_Region_6&lid=GALLERY_15669248_Stonehenge%3A_New_Wooden_Henge_Found_Near_Stones_On_Salisbury_Plain%2C_Wiltshire
Back to top Go down
starfish

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:24 am

I see a great connection between Stonehenge and the tarot card SUN and all this...Yes, really, interesting Empathy.

As I said it does not mean I'm right with my thoughts here, but this also reminds me of the story of the riders
who have the same look ( Gemini ), but they are essentially different... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
starfish

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:47 am

I found an interesting picture, with the assumption was like this. This sun reflection moving towards the east...Question Exclamation

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT 16541743

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/wiltshire/5098706.stm
Writes at the end of the article: celebrate the solstice.
I went to check solstice...

Now here link, you will see a calendar right corner that says
2012 21 11:12
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice

And back to Maya's Prophecy
The Solstice on December 21, 2012 at precisely 11:11 AM Universal Time marks the completion of the 5.125 year Great Cycle of the Ancient Maya Long Count Calendar...

Something interesting to read...

What are the living Maya saying about 2012?
http://www.adishakti.org/mayan_end_times_prophecy_12-21-2012.htm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT   STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STONEHENGE AND A PECULIAR THOUGHT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HEAL THE WORLD - A SPECIAL JOURNEY :: Your first category :: HEAL THE WORLD - A SPECIAL JOURNEY-
Jump to: